Friday, May 6, 2022

Be of Good Cheer

 

Be of Good Cheer Photograph by Jess' Shots

 

Christians struggle most to accept the suffering of the righteous. Up to the time of Christ, the Jews associated prosperity and good health with godliness. They believed that wealth and health were because God was pleased with them. 

Likewise, there is an erroneous doctrine today that says, If you are in agreement with God, you will never suffer! Just call out to God, and he will come running and solve everything immediately.

This is not the truth. The heroes listed in the Hall of Faith all walked closely with God; they still suffered stoning, mocking, torture and violent deaths (see Hebrews 11: 36–38). God wants to plant something in our hearts through our trials.

The Lord wants us to be able to say, “Lord Jesus, you’re my Protector. I believe you rule over the events of my life. If anything happens to me, it’s only for my ultimate good (see Romans 8:28). Help me understand the lesson you want me to learn. I trust that you have prepared glory and eternal purpose in this situation that my finite mind doesn’t understand". 

Either way, I’ll say, "Lord if I live, I live to You; and if I die, I die to You. Therefore, whether I live or die, I am Yours." ~Romans 14:8

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (and so can you) ~John 16:33

 

You are cordially invited to join Renew Your Strength Bible Study Group