Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Black Privilege



By Earl Gibson III (an American who was born with dark skin)

I can get student loans and grants a white person can't.

I can get bank loans a white person can't.

I can bid on contracts and win, because I'm black.

I can get accepted into Ivy League Schools over a more qualified student because I'm black.

I will get hired for jobs that I may not 100% be qualified for because I'm black.

I can introduce a Marxist movement behind a good slogan because I'm black.

I can go out and commit crimes, disrespect authority and blame it on my economic situation because I'm black.

I can be a lifetime criminal, resist arrest and be killed and looked at as a "hero" because I'm black.

I can blame an entire race of people and demand reparations for something NONE of them are directly responsible for and for something I wasn't even alive to experience because I'm black.

I can avoid accountability for my failures because I'm black.

I can want equality and segregation at the same time because I'm black.

I can steal money from my constituents for decades and blame the white man because I'm black.

I can have white liberals bold enough to tell me what my thoughts and opinions should be because I'm black.

My blackness is powerful, but it is NOT something to be weaponized and black emotions are NOT something to be pimped out.