Wednesday, November 7, 2007

National Anthem of the Kingdom of God


Image result for Psalm 23 images


The Lord is my Shepherd… that’s relationship.
I shall not want.. that’s supply.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures… that’s rest.
He leads me beside still waters… that’s refreshment.
He restores my soul… that’s healing.
He leads me in the paths of righteousness… that’s guidance.
For His name sake… that’s purpose.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death… that’s testing.
I will fear no evil… that’s protection.
For you are with me… that’s faithfulness.
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me… that’s discipline.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies… that’s hope.
You anoint my head with oil… that’s consecration.
My cup is running over… that’s abundance.
Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life… that’s blessing.
And I will dwell in the House of Yahweh forever… that’s security.

As any Bible reader knows, the above is taken from the Psalm 23. The Bible contains the history, promises, and covenants that God made with His servant people, the Israelites (not to be confused with ancient or modern “Jews”. If you do not understand the difference between Israel and Jews, subscribe to Feed My Sheep). Most of the Bible deals with government… how to live in peace with your neighbor, and other nations.

In fulfillment of the promises of God, North America was preserved by God as the final promised land for the re-gathering of the representatives of each of the 13 tribes of Israel. Colonial America had 13 colonies and Canada had 10 provinces and 3 Territories for the double portion blessing of the first born. Reuben was the first born son of Jacob/Israel, but lost his birthright to the sons of Joseph, Ephraim and Manasseh. The history of the sons of Israel is well documented, but little believed because it conflicts with the “traditions of men”. The Old Testament was exclusively for physical Israel, the New Testament is inclusive for spiritual Israel... overcomers with God of any ethnicity.

But God doesn’t lie and He doesn’t forget what He promised to the descendants of Jacob/Israel. One of the promises was to give them His divine Law to live by. Today, the American legal system doesn’t even recognize divine Law. There is only human law which covers everything from buckling your seat belt to murder.

Today, Christians restrict God’s rule to just the spiritual realm. It has not always been this way. Less than a hundred years ago it was commonly believed that God’s Law encompassed everything… spiritual and temporal. Terrible and bloody conflicts like World War I (1914-1918) caused people to question this belief in God’s rule on earth.

Because of death and destruction caused by disease and wars, people began to believe that God really doesn’t care, or He ‘allows’ evil. Their blind Pastors began to ignore scriptures like Isaiah 45:7… “I (God) form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create EVIL: I the LORD do all these things.” And Amos 3:6…”shall there be EVIL in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?”

Christians began to doubt the power and sovereignty of God and began to believe in fables. They believed that God is “good” and Satan is “evil”, and poor old God just can’t control the Devil. No wonder Christianity has fallen on hard times. Without faith that God is the “doer” of it all, it becomes a tug of war between God and Satan, and Satan seems to be winning. The truth is: God IS sovereign and can do anything, anytime, and any way He chooses. Who is puny man to question the superior wisdom of Almighty God?

As for me, I pledge allegiance to the Kingdom of God, and to the King of creation; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in all.

Author's note: What part of ALL is there not to understand?


National Anthem of the Kingdom of God

 

You are cordially invited to join Renew Your Strength Bible Study Group